by Rashaun Hall | April 27, 2021
OddFellows Ice Cream Co. has recently released The Boozy Capsule, a collection of six liquor-laced ice creams based on cocktails from some of the world’s best bars.
The Boozy Capsule was crafted by OddFellows’ Chef and Co-Founder, Sam Mason who has transformed signature cocktails from some of the world’s most talented bartenders into ice cream form. The release also aims to give back to the hard-hit hospitality industry as bars and restaurants start to reopen.
OddFellows will donate 10% of proceeds from the capsule to Another Round Another Rally, a charity providing education and emergency aid to professionals working in the hospitality sector.
The six cocktail ice creams in ‘The Boozy Capsule’ include:
- Death & Co.’s Buko Gimlet – Coconut water sorbet infused with New York Distilling Company’s Dorothy Parker Gin, Novo Fogo Cachaça, Kalani Coconut Liqueur, lime and pandan
- Two Schmucks’ Strawberry Kush – Non-dairy sorbet that combines Bacardí Carta Blanca Rum with mint, lemon, Angostura Bitters, saline and cardamom
- Long Island Bar’s Cosmopolitan – Cranberry-lime sorbet infused with Absolut Citron Vodka, and Cointreau Liqueur
- Maybe Sammy’s La Finca – Coffee ice cream infused with Mr Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur and Oloroso Sherry with gems of Manuka Honey
- Attaboy’s Penicillin – Sweet cream whisky ice cream infused with Dewar’s Blended Scotch Whisky with a hint of lemon, gems of honey and candied ginger
- Limantour’s Mr Pink – Sweet cream gin ice cream infused with New York Distilling Company’s Dorothy Parker Gin with nuggets of grapefruit sorbet infused with rosemary, lime, basil and orange bitters
“Enjoying a world-class cocktail in a beautiful bar is the absolute best, and we wanted to capture that experience and celebrate our hospitality industry peers with this boozy capsule,” says Mohan Kumar, Co-Founder of OddFellows. “I’ve had many amazing nights in these bars and I’m excited to be bringing their essence to the nation in ice cream form; giving their fans (and ours) a creative take on something they have not been able to access during the last year.”
The Boozy Capsule also celebrates OddFellows’ return to Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood where it originated, with its new flagship store in Domino Park. Located at 40 River Street, OddFellows Domino Park will offer the largest ice cream flavor selection that OddFellows has ever featured, with 24 flavors. Its opening menu featured a variety of flavors like Coffee Crunch and Chocotorta, Carrot Cake Cream Cheese, Lemon Shortbread Thyme and Mandarin Jasmine Brulee, among others. Limited time capsule collections, which launched August 2020 with the Desus & Mero Bodega Capsule, will also be a prominent menu feature.
In addition to its ice cream menu, OddFellows Domino Park will also have a happy hour. Coming this summer, the menu will feature a curated list of natural wines, local beers, and boozy ice cream concoctions.
OddFellows’ The Boozy Capsule is available in OddFellows’ New York City and Boston stores for $13.50 per tub, and shipping nationwide at oddfellowsnyc.com for $89.99 for the whole collection.
This Boozy Ice Cream Is Based On Cocktails From The World’s Best Bars
Foodbeast| April 27, 2021